What does a smart home look like
2. The smart home devices can understand you and sense the state you are in. E.g. if you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, the lights will automatically turn on. You go back to the bathroom, the lights automatically turn off.
3. You can set a variety of scenes, such as romantic mode, movie mode, home mode, meeting mode, etc. It will be automatically closed the curtains /turn on the TV /dim the lights when you say movie mode to the Alexa or Google Home.
4. You can remotely control the smart devices in your home or outside by smartphone. For example, You can turn on/off the LED strip lights that is connected to the RGB controller by smartphone.
5. The smart home devices can be linked to each other. If the room is too hot automatically turn on the air conditioning, the air is too dry automatically turn on the humidifier, and even monitor the leakage of air or water automatically alarm and shut down the device.
The realization form of smart home
1. Physical control: If you press the IR controller, the led strip lights will turn on/off or choose the color you want. This is the first generation of the smart home.
3. Voice control: Through voice devices (Alexa, Google Home), you can send commands and free your hands to control smart home devices.
The smart home needs a service platform as a server to process the commands, as well as calculate various data, and then the cloud platform sends the commands to the gateway, which sends commands to the device according to a communication protocol, so that the smart device can perform the corresponding operation. The smart device is built with a communication module to accept the commands from the gateway and execute the commands.
Types of communication protocols
The main communication protocols supported by the smart home in the market are Bluetooth/ Bluetooth Mesh, Wi-Fi, Zigbee.These three protocols are short-range transmission protocols, each with its benefits.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth/ Bluetooth mesh are more popular. Especially Wi-Fi, stability depends on the Wi-Fi network, It can not be used if disconnected from the network.
Bluetooth is not affected by the Wi-Fi network, It can be used even if the case of disconnection.
Zigbee is slow, difficult to compatible with, but it is stable and can still be used after disconnection. Besides, a single Zigbee device is basically not directly controlled by your smartphones and requires a gateway as the connection hub between the device and the smartphone.
The intelligence of the device is obtained by a module, which is integrated into the device for receiving signals and understanding commands. This module contains communication protocols, such as Wi-Fi modules, Bluetooth modules, etc.
How to make traditional home appliances intelligent
Traditional home appliances can be made intelligent easily by using a smart plug. Such as led strip lights controller connect to LED stirp lights; air conditioner connects to smart plug and so on
Various basic devices needed to realize smart home
1. The smart speaker is the voice control portal of a smart home (such as Alexa, Google Home)
2. A smartphone is the entrance of smart home remote / manual control
3. APP: Smartphones need to install a special app to control smart devices. Different brands of manufacturers in the market develop their APP. Wi-Fi smart devices are matched with Wi-Fi APP; Bluetooth smart devices are matched with Bluetooth APP. APP stability, fluency, and other factors will affect the user experience.
For smart home sharing, I hope it will be helpful to you.